Fitting Eleanor’s body kit

Well good news in this week. The fitting of the kit has FINALLY begun! Early days yet, but we’ve started mocking the kit up to see how she fits and how much work will be involved. As a lot of you know these kit’s don’t fit first go, far from it. every mold is different as is the shape of every car, so expect lots of hours and lots or work.

I’ve even been told about some parts of certain kits being so out of shape they had to be discarded and replacements bought.

So far we’ve just started on the upper scoops, side skirts, rear flares, trunk lid and rear panel.

mockrearshot2.JPG mocksideskirts.JPG mockupperscoop.JPG

mockexhaustskirt.JPG mockrearquarter.JPG mocklowerscoop_rearflare.JPG

Not the best photos I know but it’s all I could get. You can really see her taking shape even with the littlest of changes. Now I’m getting excited.

We also started mocking up where the gas cap would be and this is something I want to get right. I’m very adamant about the position as I don’t want it as far back as the Unique Performance caps. I want it in the position like the movie car had, like this:

0228325-r1-036-16a.jpg

So here are some shots of the progress of the gas cap:

gascapprep3.JPG mockgascapposition.JPG

Looking good I think, I should have some better shots in the next coming days, so check back soon.

© 2007, 67mustangblog. All rights reserved.

13 Comments

1. Ryan says:

I was just wondering what company you used for the body kit. Thanks Ryan

2. Cameron says:

Hey Ryan,

The kit is an Australian made kit fro ma company in Melbourne. I didn’t buy it directly from them rather my builder bought it as he is friends with them. I’ve had a few people ask me about the kits and i just put them on to my builder who can sort you out and put you in the right direction.

If you need his details just shoot me an email at 67mustangblog@gmail.com

Thanks again for stopping by.

Cheers
    Cam

3. stewart says:

Hay Mate,

Just wondering where did you get your body from and where did you get the kit from, i have a gt 350 but did not want to butcher it….. can you get just the bodies???

Cheers
    STU!

4. Cameron says:

Hey Stu,

Thanks for stopping by. Shoot me an email and i’ll put you in touch with my builder who sells the kit 67mustangblog@gmail.com ( i don’t want to put his email on the net)

I would love to see your car, send me some pictures and a brief history or write up if you like and i’ll put it on the site :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Cam

5. Doren says:

Hey Cam

Any new photos yet??? We are waiting to see some progress much as you are I am sure…

6. Cameron says:

Hey Doren,

No new photos mate, She’s sitting in the corner of the shed while i pay off the bills (see my latest project update)

Things should pickup this winter though, I hope. Bills will be paid off end of next month then hopefully back to work.

Im posting a rough schedule soon so check the main page :)

Thanks for checking the site though.

Cheers mate
    Cam

7. Phillip Mance says:

Mate kit looks good, I am looking for the driving lights and fog lights in the nose cone and front lower bumper can you give me a idea where you got yours from please

8. Cameron says:

Hey Phillip. I bought my lights as a kit from Mustangs Unlimited.

They actually have a whole section dedicated to Eleanor.. check it here:

They were great to deal with. Good prices, fast, safe shipping too.

Good luck with it, let me know if you have any other questions.

9. Chris says:

An Aussie company makes the kit? Or are they the guys that distribute in Oz.
    Are you in Australia or USA. I am an Aussie in the states and am looking for some decent kits atthe moment. I have my eye on a 67 that all ready has a kit & looks good but needs lots of work. Nothing lines up great but over all for a 302, 5speed she is in decent condition. A little light cancer that doesnt appear to be bad.. anyway mate PLEASE send a few more pictures when you can.

Chris

10. Chris says:

By the way what is the over all plan for your beast?

Chris

11. Cameron says:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for stopping by. Yes i’m in Australia and yes the kit i have is made locally. It’s a bit more expensive than the American kit but if i was to import a US kit it would work out the same. If you are in the Us i suggest goign for a US kit. The Maier kit seems to be what most people go with. Some fit good some don’t. No kit will really fit without any work though.

As for pictures, all pictures i have of the kit ot kit fitment have been posted on the site so i haven’t got anymore to post as yet. When i do they’ll go up on the site :)

Overall plan.. well i just want to get her finished and then we’ll go from there. I have no plans to sell her at this stage. I just want to enjoy the fruits of my labour! haha

Take care

Thanks
    Cam

12. Daniel says:

Hi there I was interested in getting some panels for my car who from Melbourne did u get them from they look good

13. Daniel says: