How To Build An Eleanor – A Step By Step Guide

richards-1967-ford-mustang-super-snake-elenaor-gt500-cover

richards-1967-ford-mustang-super-snake-elenaor-gt500-cover

You may remember my post about Richard’s 815hp Shelby Super Snake Eleanor. Most have seen it. After all it’s been the most popular story on the site this year! Well while building his master piece Richard kept a very in-depth and detailed log of all the process he went through in the build right down to part numbers and where to buy the parts.

Richard updated this bible religiously via the Eleanor Forums and amassed over 63 pages of pictures and tips about how to build your dream car. Now Richard has put all the information together and formatted it into handy Word and PDF documents.

The CD comes with over 1324 full size pictures for referencing your build. But if you’re thinking you will just go to the online forum and make your own CD then by all means, go for it. But this is only half the story. Richard’s CD included many photos, tips and part information that weren’t included on the website.

After a heap of interest Richard is now finally selling the manual for $39.95 + $6.95 for shipping ( or $16.99 for international shipping). For any Eleanor building this is a must! Damn this sounds like a paid advertisement but i assure you it’s not. Take a look for yourself. This is a hassle saver.

Richard_1967_GT500_Eleanor_super_Snake_Build_Manual_disc_photo

Buy the manual

See the original forum post

Richard's 1967 Ford Mustang Super Snake Elenaor GT500 Richard's 1967 Ford Mustang Super Snake Elenaor GT500

© 2008 – 2012, 67mustangblog. All rights reserved.

19 Comments

1. Sheldon says:

What happened to the dyno video?? It says that it is no longer available??

2. Cameron says:

Thanks for pointing that out Sheldon, I’ve emailed Richard to ask if it’s going to be put back up.

stay tuned

Cam

3. montens says:

I’m looking to build a mustang 67 eleanor and i see you sell a manuel with all the steps.I just want to ask a few questions before buying a manuel.What kind of budget are we looking at here? Is it still possible to get all the parts and if so can i get them to france? Please reply quickly i really can’t wait to get started on this project

Thanks

Montnes stijn

4. Ryan Castle says:

Love your mustang it is one of the coolist iv seen. im 14 and the 67 shelby mustang is my dream car. How much did all that cost?

5. DEAN EVANS says:

Hi ive loved the mustang since the film gone in 60 seconds, and the shelby 390 gt in the film bullet with steve mcqueen, how much does it cost to build a car from scratch and can u still get all the parts and can u make it a right hand drive, please get back to me as soon as possible many thanks,

6. Caleb Hainline says:

Hey there, I’d also like to know a general figure of the build cost and what general major parts you used before I purchase the kit. Thanks for the help!

7. alexjeromson says:

I am intressed in building a 1967 mustang fastback and i was hoping you could email me some good websites to help me on studying the car first. Please email madmad.aj89@googlemail.com

8. Andrew says:

For anyone planning on or dreaming of building an Eleanor, be prepared to spend a lot more than you plan on spending. There;s the initial cost of the car, and if you’re not in the US, it’s already gonna cost a fair bit to import one. To build a true Eleanor, you will want to replace all the brakes, suspension, steering. You’ll want to put a good gearbox in (Tremec), the bodykit alone is around $5000. Paint is a very big expense, as is body work. Dont forget the exhaust for that sweet low rumble… A great Eleanor is not cheap, and a cheap Eleanor is not great. Think around the likes of $50,000 for a good job. I have no children and dont plan on any, so my Eleanor is gonna be my child. lol

9. Gert Viviers says:

Hey everyone, i am a big Eleanor fan. i have been dreaming of owning one myself, but i dont want to buy someone else’s car. i want to build my own. can anyone give me information one were i can buy all the parts needed including the original engine. i live in South Africa, i would prefer a place that would be willing to export to me! thank you

10. Gert Viviers says:

email me information if possible gertviviers01@gmail.com

11. john white says:

what size wheels and tires and the backspacing for them on this nice ride>

12. will says:

the ford is a bad ass car

13. Mike Al says:

I would love to build my own 69 ford Mustang, they re damn cool

14. Jon says:

Buying one already restored is the only way unless you have all the tools, time and space, oh and don’t forget schooling in the know how. A house with a big enough garage to put engine stands and lifts and ect. around. You cant build this your self cheaper than 500k if your the average Joe.

15. Justin says:

What type of hood is that? I love it and the car.

16. Justin says:

What is that hood called? I love it.

Trackbacks for this post

1. Nissan Enthusiast Forums - What do you think is the sexiest car?
  2. the Sublime Blog » How To Build An Eleanor - A Step By Step Guide