Barn Find: Rusting Mustangs Can Be Yours For $700k

I love hearing about barn finds and this is no exception. A member over at Jalopnik accidently stumbled across this yard full of Mustangs after taking a wrong turn.

The pictures say it all really, lots look like they are rusting away. There’s even a 1968 Shelby by the looks of it. But they can be all yours for a measly $700k

Here’s the nice little write up the member posted on Jalopnik:

“I have just returned from a vacation somewhere tropical. On the way back form a day excursion I chose an alternate way back to the highway. Ok, I made wrong turn somewhere and rolled with it. This “scenic route” brought us upon what was recorded by these images. It was my wife who first saw them. “Oh look, Mustangs!” I turned my head in time to see a metric shitload of vintage ponies. I immediately turned around and pulled into the driveway. There was a gentleman in the yard who turned out to be the caretaker for the owner of the house/treasure trove. It turns out that the guy who collected all these cars recently succumbed to cancer and his wife wants all these pretty ponies sold en masse for what is by local standards the princely sum of $700 large (I think there plenty of room for negotiation here).

Herein lies my dilemma and why I have not given up exactly where in the Western Hemisphere they are located. Since I am a bit short of the liquid assets for such a transaction, I am looking for someone with sufficient wherewithal. In exchange for the missing info, I want a “finder’s fee” of pick-of-the-litter of one of the ‘Stangs (obviously not one of the Shelbys) plus the old Ford Deuce – FOB, San Diego. I’ll cover the transport from the Port of SD to my house J In addition to what you can see in the photos, there is also a Fiat 600, a mid-50′s Chevy sedan and the Model A partially visible is a pickup. That’s as best as I can recall but I think there’s more.

I gotta say this was a shocking find. The temperature was about 90 degrees and the humidity was roughly 1000%. Naturally, I was sweating profusely yet as I walked around quickly taking these pictures (we were pressed for time) I had goose bumps. As you see from the images, the cars strewn about the yard were numerous and in various stages of oxidization. I’d estimate that more than half are savable, the rest will need to be scrapped but may well offer additional parts before succumbing to the crusher (or pulverizer, as the case may be). The most astounding specimens, as you can see, were in the large outbuilding. According to the caretaker, all are in running condition and most were in truly excellent shape. Additionally, there were racks upon racks of parts. Some were used but many were OE new parts that have never left their boxes. A separate outbuilding housed all manner of engines, engine parts and body panels.

The Good Widow will not entertain selling these piecemeal – the buyer must take everything. To the right buyer, this should not be a problem as the parts alone must be worth a small fortune. So, Dear Jalops, I need your help. These gorgeous Ponies need your help. I am perfectly willing to make a return trip to this tropical land with the buyer (on his/her dime) to act as guide/translator and to assist in the cataloging and return of these cars to civilization. While the location is remote, they are easily shippable back to their ancestral homeland. Please spread the word and save the ponies!”

Here is a list of cars:

FORD MUSTANG COUPE 1965 RED
FORD MUSTANG COUPE 1966 GREEN
FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE 1970 BURGUNDY
FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE 1967 BLUE
FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE BLUE
FORD MUSTANG CONVERTIBLE 1966 BROWN

So if you’re keen to get a better look here’s the google maps link.

And if you do go and take a look be sure to let me know and send over some photos.

© 2009 – 2012, 67mustangblog. All rights reserved.

34 Comments

1. Herman Kjeksrud says:

Hi!

Could i have an email?
    im wery interested in one of theese cars, so if we could do it by mail:)

– Herman

2. Luis Roman says:

I know about this family in ; I grew up nearby and went to school with the nephew of the guy who used to own these cars , a very dedicated collector of mustangs for many years , unfortunately , he died a few years ago and his wife/kids,etc. who did not care about cars and were fighting over the estate, let the cars go to waste and even though the old man left them millions in the will , they wanted more and have been trying to get $1 million for the cars for the last 10 years and have advertised all over the place and the highest offer they received were for $500,000 back when the economy was good.As a vintage mustang owner myself , i have been to the site and if you see the current condition of some of those cars you will cry because the only thing left are the vin data plates ,since if you touch some the cars your hand will go straight thru.but many are still good projects or look pretty decent.As a matter of fact i am going back to the farm to visit my family on 11/09 so if anyone have any $$$$ i can be your translator/negotiator but i must warn you , the widow is very difficult to deal with and the price is not too negotiable(that’s why the cars are still there!!)

3. Luis Roman says:

Hi! The cars are for sale as a package (not individually) and the price is too high if you consider the whole headache of shipping,transporting,customs,paperwork and such , that’s why no one has been able to take a crack at it , if you would get them for , say, $600,000 , it would cost you another $250,000 easily to have everything back in U.S.A. (including all paperwok on titles and such and obviously a decent storage ) so the buyer must be someone with deep pockets and a true mustang nut.

4. gonein60 says:

yep I know these cars. I was approached by someone in Puerto Rico about 2 years ago. Went an looked at them. These look similiar. Wow what a waste.
    Im still a buyer!
    But these need to be alot less money. The red shelby isnt real if this is the same people.

5. manuel velez says:

can i get more information of the location of any of these barns, i love mustangs

6. CobraFreak says:

can’t help but feel bad for the ’68 rusting away in the front.

7. Chris says:

hey waz up I really been looking for a mustang fastback 67 or 68 so I will apreciate if you gave me this family adress or phone number Thakns

8. miguel angel rodriguez lopez says:

estoy interesado por comprar un mustang del blog que esta arriba me interesa el shelby 350 me podrias poner los precios y decirme como lo puedo adquirir

9. CobraFeak says:

$700,000 for the body? jeez… i fell bad for the poor ’68 shelby in the front

10. davidcave says:

thats way to much for a crapy beat up rusted car

11. Mark says:

Can any get a phone number or a e-mail of these people who have these mustangs?

Or if can any live close to them, because I would like to buy some items. Not big thinks just little one, scoops,

12. Andy Morales says:

I’m just started getting interested for the ford mustangs of the year 60′s through 69 I want these cars but i need the location for these cars can you please tell me

13. Gledson Pereira da Silva says:

I will apreciate if you gave me this family adress or phone number.
    Mustang’s: my big dream.

14. Gledson Pereira da Silva says:

I will apreciate if you gave me this family adress or phone number.

15. Greg says:

All i can say is i would have to agree with the gentlemen that knows the family. It may be though to break up the bunch being as it seems that money is the only concern the family has. Im leery about these types of deals especially if they are in plain sight. Why are the cars still there is the question that i would ask.
    I spent many years with my father traveling back roads looking for our ideal barn find. All that we got was some “qt”.

16. Greg says:

My father has a 67 Fastback for sale automatic car all original from california. This car needs tlc but not very much. It still has original paint and interior. It is located on Long island Ny.

17. Paolo says:

@ greg
    please, drop me an email to paolo567@hotmail.com,
    I’m interested in your father’s car,
    thanks
    Paolo

18. erica says:

my god what a waste

19. Armando Sanz says:

Gentlemen … the only way to deal with this family is buying the entire ranch,
    what you could do is create a list of stakeholders and raise all the money according to what everyone wants. If nothing is done that way, unfortunately those horses will rot in that distant ranch. It’s a good idea? I would be interested in the FASTBACK or anything between 60 ‘and 69′.
    contact me at ‘flow_flema_co@hotmail.com’
    Thanks in advance. Armando Sanz / Madrid-Spain

20. Katrina says:

I must agree with Armando.
    These cars have a lot of potential….but are very pricey as it seems. if a lot of people put in for the whole thing, this could happen. I would just love a Mustang as a fixer car or whatever because I think these cars are a true masterpiece! Its always been my dream to get one….but it seems the best way to get one, is new.

21. Ed Shanley says:

I have seen these cars up close. I have family on the island and my brother – in- law took me there 12 years ago. At that time, they were not looking to sell, since the husband was still alive. Both Husband and wife were Doctors, so I’m told and I believe the kids were not into the cars. Someone posted the red car in the front is not a real Shelby. That one is real, it is a GT500. A few other ones in the front are not real, like the blue one next to it. There are 100 Mustangs on the property, including a Shelby ( I believe a 1969) towards the back that you can’t see because it is buried in the weeds. There is a boss 302 motor lying on the ground next to a 68 fastback with a tree growing inside it. It is a shame how the cars were left there in the weeds, as a prior posted noted, most would fall apart when you attempted to move them, although there is a lot of parts. With the market being what it is know, I don’t think with the shipping it would be worth the money. I believe someone would probably take title and tags and re-vin them. That would also not be right. I know of a guy that said he had negotiated the owner down to either $500 or $550, He is a dealer of Shelby’s and still would not touch them at that price. I also believe her price is for the property also. If anyone is seriously interested, I have photo’s of this property from 12 years ago. I can also tell you of the location. Would like to see these cars back on the road, especially the 68 Shelby convert of which I have one. Great to hear of old barn finds like these. Ed

22. enrique says:

hi
    im love this cars so could someone send me a phone or email address so i could contact them and buy my dream car

23. Gaba says:

Hi!
    I’m a Mustang Lover. this pics are terrible. I love 68 fastback an gt500, when i saw this pics my heart becomes ill!!

where are this place???

24. Gaba says:

Hi!
    for shure I’m interesting in buy one of this dream cars ,can someone give me an e-amil?

25. Max says:

hi im interested but i live in New york please i need an address

26. Olivier says:

Hi im interested but i live in new york please give me an adress there is my email tiolo021093@hotmail.com

27. larry b says:

there is a car collector in london ontario canada he needs to see this if still available

28. Jeff says:

Well now I know where all the old horses when they are about to die.
    Sad, but yet they are still beautiful no matter how you look at it. A true “field of Mustangs”

29. maxime says:

Hello, i’ m very interested about mustangs can i have an email, or a phone number please ? :) thank you

30. Josh Stubbs says:

hi ive just been looking at the cars, and the 68 shelby is the one i im looking for, can you e mail me or prices just for the shelby please?

Thankyou
    Josh

31. Gabe says:

I’ve seen this site similar in South Carolina or is that not right I’m making the trip back this summer! details would help with location we could work something out. Thanks (:

32. cass says:

are there any 1967 to 1969 shelby gt 500 left for sale? and where are these cars?

33. Emil says:

Any updates? Has anybody saved these cars or are they still rusting away at the same farm?

34. Elliot says:

yes all the cars are there