We all know that for the 2000 remake of Gone in 60 Seconds 11 examples of ‘Eleanor’ were created by Cinema Vehicle Services in North Hollywood. The various cars were each unique in their build. Some with beefed up suspension, some were created for close ups and some were just spares for sequences like the famous ‘crush’ ending. Though what is a little known fact is all the actors are required to go to driving school before filming to ensure they able to handle the vehicles they will be driving on set.
One car now available on eBay claims to be the test vehicle Nicholas Cage used to hone is driving skills for the movie. The 1965 289 4V Mustang dubbed “Testbed Terror” was created by Terry Buch who was the owner of Total Control Products or TCP out of California. The unique fact here is the TCP were also the supplier of the steering and suspension products for the 11 cars used in the blockbuster.
The car is for sale at a decent $250,000 and if not sold on eBay will be consigned to Barrett Jackson for auction in 2014.
We’ve pasted the car build sheet below but we highly suggest you check out the eBay auction as it is packed with more history and documentation about this vehicle.
Build Sheet for the car:
PLEASE NOTE IT WAS BUILT BEFORE ELEANOR!
• Everything on the exterior has been restored or replaced.
• Recently repainted black with painted flat black GT350 racing stripes and lower rocker decals.
• Fiberglass hood: 1967 Shelby style hood for a 1965-66 Shelby.
• Fiberglass apron: 1965-66 Shelby “R” model valance.
• Fiberglass trunk: 1968 Shelby trunk with end caps.
• M detail custom billet aluminum grille with “R” style valance grille.
• Tri-bar vintage style head lamps.
• 1965 Mustang GT Fastback fog lamps.
• 1966 Shelby GT350 rear quarter panel windows.
• 1966 Shelby GT350 side scoops with brake air ducting kit.
• 1969 remote control racing mirrors.
• Custom built hand rolled metal fender flares front and rear.
• Billet Specialties lighted license plate frame with 3rd brake light.
• New door handles.
• All windows have been tinted.
• Shelby GT350 emblems on front fenders.
• Cobra black gas cap.
• 17 X 8 GT40 Style wheels that were painted black in the centers.
• Everything in the interior has been restored or replaced.
• JME Enterprises polished billet aluminum instrument bezel with AutoMeter Pro-Comp Ultra Lite Gauges.
• Cobra wood steering wheel.
• Alpine CDA-9887 CD/MP3/AAC receiver iPhone compatible. Eclipse EA-3532 5/4 channel power amplifier with channel flex crossover. Diamond Technology speakers in the dash, doors and rear deck speaker box. Pioneer enclosed subwoofer in spare tire mount.
• Passenger column mounted map light.
• Total Control Products aluminum pedal covers.
• Billet Specialties aluminum door and window handles.
• Hurst Shifter.
• Pro Car Scat leather seats.
• Simpson 4 point camlock seat belts.
• Shelby “R” model 4 point roll cage modified for rear seat entry.
• Amerex ABC chrome fire extinguisher.
• Dynamat Xtreme coverage on floors, doors and rear deck panel.
• Cobra black carpeted floor mats.
• Testbed terror dash plaque with Cobra snake.
• Extremely straight firewall and inner fenders with VIN stamp. This engine was recently tuned by Mike Marsella owner of MJM Automotive Solutions. It starts and runs amazing!
• Original 289 engine was built by Rex Racing in Sacramento, CA to a 312 stroker that was balanced and blue printed which was stated in Mustang Illustrated magazine. It has 320 horsepower to the rear tires!
• Eagle I-beam connecting rods.
• Keith Black 10:1 hypoeutectic pistons.
• Edelbrock ported and polished alloy heads.
• Ford Motorsport aluminum dual plane intake.
• Competition Cams hydraulic camshaft.
• Competition Cams roller rocker arms.
• Ford Motorsports Cobra air cleaner and valve covers.
• McLoed high torque starter.
• Autolite Pro Tech alternator.
• TRW high volume oil pump.
• Canton Pro-Series Racing oil pan.
• Ford Racing aluminum manual transmission flywheel.
• JBA shorty performance headers.
• Custom 2 ½ H-pipe.
• Flowmaster Force II Delta 40 series muffers with stainless tips.
• Griffin 1 ¼ coretube 4 row radiator and billet aluminum over flow tank.
• Complete MSD ignition system.
• Hawker Odyssey 1200 MJT dry cell battery.
• Holley 750 double pump carburetor
• Holley liquid filled 15 psi fuel pressure gauge.
• Holley electrical fuel pump.
• Stainless fuel cell mounted under car.
• Currie 9-inch rear end
• Detroit Tru-Trac differential with 3.89 final gears with 31 spline axles.
• Custom 3” aluminum drive shaft that was cut and balanced.
• Tremec 5-speed transmission.
• Ford Racing 10.5 heavy duty “King Cobra” clutch assembly.
• Steeda Tri-Ax shifter with Hurst shift handle.
Suspension and Brakes:
• Total Control Products everything
• Coilover spring conversion kit with Aldan Eagle shocks
• Upper and lower control arms with keviar injection molded rod ends.
• Strut rod kit.
• Shock Tower brace.
• Subframe connectors with crossover.
• 1” front sway bar.
• Magna mid eye leafsprings with 1” lowering blocks and Del-A-Lum leafspring bushings.
• Spax 14 point adjustable gas charged rear shocks.
• Rack and pinion steering.
• Front- Baer 12” slotted disc brakes with stainless brake lines.
• Rear – 1993 Mustang stainless steel disc brakes with stainless brake lines.
• Performance friction carbon Kevlar brake pads.
• Master cylinder, heavy duty unit for front disc brakes with proportional valve.
© 2013, 67mustangblog. All rights reserved.