Yet Another Gone in 60 Seconds Movie Car Up For Auction
It was only a few months ago that we all were stunned when an original Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor ‘Hero’ car sold at a Mecum auction for a cool $1 million dollars. Well This weekend just past another such car featured in the movie has crossed the auction block again at Mecum. This time in Chicago.
At the time of writing we could not ascertain if the car sold. But one thing is for sure it is not the last Eleanor movie car we will see going up for auction.
Here are the particulars.
– “Hero Car” from the 2000 remake of Gone in 60 Seconds
– 1 of 11 original Eleanor cars built by Cinema Vehicle Services
– 1 of 3 Hero cars used in the film (used for scenes involving the actors)
– VIN 7R02C173895
– An iconic and timeless design by Steve Stanford
– Custom body kit with fender flares, side exit exhaust, trunk lid and hood
– Ford Racing 351 CI crate motor
– 4-speed transmission
– Go Baby Go shifter knob
– Schmidt 17″ wheels
– 4-wheel disc brakes
– Holley 700 CFM 4-barrel carburetor
– Positraction rear end
– Air conditioning
– High volume fuel pump
– Lecarra steering wheel, sport comp tach
– Side exit exhaust added by CVS after the movie’s completion
– Letter of authenticity from Ray Claridge of CVS included
– Designated by CVS as car #7
– Sold on Bill of Sale and United Kingdom registration
© 2013, 67mustangblog. All rights reserved.