Well we can’t really remember when I updated you all on my very own project car. After packing up shop in Australia and moving to London, England it’s been slow going on the restoration front. However just this past week I’ve finally progressed a little. Given it’s only been purchasing of the air conditioning solution but any progress is good progress. Right?
Having a restoration project that spans almost a decade is not always as bad or frustrating as you would think. There is a positive to take from it which isn’t always obvious. As time passes the parts and products available to restorers improve and get upgraded. That is just the case for the following parts that are now available or have been improved. I thought I’d post these here for all Mustang restorers as they are not always easy to find.
With so much time on my hands waiting and waiting for work to restart on my project I’ve increasingly been looking at small parts to buy that I’ll be needing or maybe parts I don’t need but just want. But one part that I’ve been tossing up with is the MSD-6AL ignition control. Do I need it and what benefits will it provide my engine? I’d really like to hear your comments and suggestions. Are you running one? Is it essential? And more importantly do I need one?
Well the project is finished and the lights are on their way to Australia. Overall quite a quick and painless process.
It was only a few weeks ago I posted about my second attempt at a superior headlight system for the Mustang, this time a Bi-Xenon headlight setup which would be a big step up from the single Xenon project I did a year or so ago. Well good news is it’s taking shape and looks damn fine! Check out the pics after the jump.
You may all remember my HID Xenon project I had done last year. Basically I wanted a headlight system that retained the cars look but came with the modern output. At the time I was only able to purchase single xenon projectors as this is all that was available aftermarket for right hand drive cars. But now things are a bit different and Bi-Xenon headlamps are now available for right hand drive. Needless to say I’ve now scrapped my previous project and am now having a Bi-xenon set of headlights made up. This time only better.
We had a first today on the site. It’s been about five years and John, the builder of Toby’s car and my car, has never made a post or a comment but it seems the lure of 67mustangblog was too much. John has come out of the wood work and answered some of the questions I lots of people ask me.
You’re all probably wondering what is going on with my project and I don’t blame you, it’s been quite some time since anything happened so here’s the latest.
Apologies for the lack of updates, It’s been very quiet over here in Australia with a very cold winter work has slowed down. Unfortunately last week we had an accident in the shop. While working on my friend Toby’s Eleanor project one of the body guys almost severed his hand. I’m not too sure how it happened as I can’t get to the shop but work was halted for a while. Now while he recovers we are one man down.